Why is Thai Silk Magic?
3 Simple Questions:
- Are you looking for a fabric that is cool in summer and warm in winter?
- Need help finding a fabric that is natural, chemical free and completely safe for everyone to wear?
- Have you ever thought about combining the purchase of a unique exotic gift with the chance to provide a real opportunity to improve someone’s lifestyle?
The answers to these questions provide the reasons why Thai silk is MAGIC.
Our Thai silk fabric is mystical and magic because of it’s characteristics, production techniques and the lifestyle impacts it has for our village weavers.
1. MAGIC CHARACTERISTICS of Thai Silk Fabric
- Hand woven from a natural protein fiber that’s environmentally friendly
- The strongest natural fiber – stronger than a similar size filament of steel
- Most luxurious fabric – highly regarded in the fashion world
- Most absorbent fabric – makes it comfortable to wear in summer and while active
- Most comfortable fabric – low conductivity keeps warm air close to the skin and provides warmth in cold weather
- Its soil, moth and mildew resistant
- Has an amazing range of uses from shirts, neckties and dresses to high fashion, upholstery, bedding, curtains, pillow cases and even clothing for astronauts·
2. MAGIC OF SILK PRODUCTION in making Thai Silk Fabric
- More than 8,000 silkworms consuming approximately 350 pounds of mulberry leaves is required to supply enough silk for 10 blouses!
- It takes one of our weavers about 1 week to prepare, dye, wash, spin and then weave enough fabric for one party dress
- The patterns we use for our Thai silk are original and unique
- We always use natural dyes to provide our colour range. We guarantee our fabrics are eco-friendly and perfectly safe for everyone
- The natural dyes come from our local vegetables, trees, plants, wild flowers and soil (actually mud) and are very carefully mixed with lemon grass, eucalyptus, tamarind fruits and ants to create a colour-fast yarn that will be used to produce beautiful organic silk fabrics
- The silk weaving process is an extremely time consuming handloom process where a single weaver may only produce 2 meters of Thai silk fabric in a day
- As our traditional Thai silk fabric is hand woven each piece of Thai silk fabric is unique and cannot be duplicated.
- Our Thai silk fabrics are durable, versatile with uses for men, women, children and the home plus they are safe for everyone.
3. MAGIC IMPACT that Thai Silk Magic has a on our Village·
Creation of our Thai Silk Magic group that has as its KEY MISSION the improvement of the lifestyles of these financially poor weavers.
- Agreeing that Thai Silk Magic will pay fair remuneration and share all profits with the village weavers.
- Enabling these high quality traditional weavers access to a worldwide market for their wonderful Thai silk fabrics via their exclusive availability on our website
- Ensuring we create a win-win-win scenario for:
- The environment with our natural processes·
- The customer by having access to a unique, high quality Thai silk fabric
- The village weavers, with the opportunity to improve their lifestyles
Enjoy Your Personalised Experience with Us
The unique combination of abilities in our Thai Silk Magic team together with Thai silk’s magical properties and processes enable us to produce a totally original fabric that we are very proud to make available to the world.
We hope our very high quality; environmentally friendly fabrics are of real interest to you. Thai Silk Magic warmly invites you to check out our store while you are here and see for yourself what our little village can create.