Six Shopping Tips for Thai Silk Fabric
Subscribe with Us
Before you read on a little commercial break!! Please make sure you get access to EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS to all our original handmade Thai silk creations plus all our Latest News and Promotions. Join our other lovely subscribers by simply placing your detils righht here in the box on the left side of the screen. You’ll be VERY happy you did so!
1. The following are easy ways to Verify if your chosen fabric is pure Thai silk:
Price – pure Thai silk fabric is relatively expensive. It can cost up to 10 times more than imitation fabrics.
Weave – being hand woven, each piece of pure Thai silk fabric is unique and cannot be duplicated with mechanical means.
Luster – the pure Thai silk fabric has a unique luster, with a sheen that has two unique blends.
Print – the pure Thai silk fabric piece will have the printed pattern on one side with only an outline of the print on the reverse side.
Wedding Ring Test – try pulling a yard or two of Thai silk fabric through a wedding ring. If it is pure silk fabric it will ease through and will show you just how smooth and flexible it is as a fabric.
Burn Test – Light the pure Thai silk fabric threads and you will see that the burnt ash will be black, porous or powdery. It also smells like burning hair.
2. Buy only colour- fast pure Thai silk fabric. Soak the Thai silk fabric in plain water and if the water changes color then the fabric is not colour- fast
3. Look closely at the Thai silk fabric and check that the threads are woven tightly and evenly
4. Check that the colours and the design do not vary within a single piece of Thai silk fabric
5. As Thai silk fabric has many forms, make sure that the thickness and the weight of the chosen fabric is suited to its intended purpose
6. If the dyes colours are not 100% natural then be careful if you have any skin sensitivities. It’s best to buy Thai silk that is both handmade and only uses natural dyes – these are true eco-friendly silk products.
Please enjoy your silk and I know your friends and family will be so impressed with your choice of pure Thai silk fabric.